Monday, October 12, 2009

Berlosconi

Got this quote off of my mate's "twitter", "We must govern for five years with or without the law" says Berlosconi - a worrying stance for the head of a democratic country to take." What a twat! not my mate, of course, but Berlosconi and if we need any more evidence on that score, what about this from saturday's 'Guardian', "The problem, he (Berlosconi) explained, was that "In absolute terms, I am the most legally persecuted man of all times, in the whole history of mankind, worldwide, because I have been subjected to more than 2,500 court hearings and I have the good luck – having worked well in the past and having accumulated an important wealth – to have been able to spend more than €200m in consultants and judges ... I mean in consultants and lawyers." We know what you mean Silivio!

Those comments were preceded by the following; "I am, and not only in my own opinion, the best prime minister who could be found today," he told a press conference. "I believe there is no one in history to whom I should feel inferior. Quite the opposite! Well, if he is comparing himself to Italian Prime Ministers, past and present, he might even have a point, he really is right up there with the "best" of them.

No comments: