Monday, October 5, 2009

Health Insurance

Some years ago I left the state health insurance system here in Germany and went private and now I find it is one of the little things that I regret in life because here is middle aged me finding myself desperately in need of an insurance.

Fortunately, in January of this year the German government passed a law, which makes it an obligation for everyone to have health insurance and in line with this obligation your last insurance, private or state, has to take you back. Moreover, the private insurers have to offer the same conditions as the state and that means they have to look after your "pre-conditions".

It is at a cost and I will be paying slightly over 600 € a month but it does mean that I can get all those things done that I need to get done and, oh, am I looking forward to that!

No comments: