Friday, March 18, 2011

Catching up with the news

The earthquake in Japan, the subsequent tsunami and now the threatening nuclear catastrophe, the go-ahead in the UN for a no-fly zone over Libya and the indications of "Blighty" still playing at being great and Cameron going for a defining moment a la Blair, while Saudi guns blaze in Bahrain at the behest of the Al Khalifas, who were brought in over a hundred years ago at the behest of the British to keep the country's Shia minority in its place. One must yawn when these twats talk about "democracy".

However, while the real news is not really being actively pursued by me here in Zhonghua it would appear that the biggest news of my week is my being unable to connect to the German and UK ips through my VPN. Not sure what is causing this massive problem as I can still connect to the US ips. However, the fact is, no downloading stuff onto the BBC Iplayer for the time being and now seesaw dot com stuff either. Still, this just might be a blessing in disguise and already instead of my daily dose of soap beginning in the morning, my attention was turning to RT news this morning ..... and, oh yes, what is this no-fly zone above the skies of Libya really all about?

No comments: