Friday, March 20, 2009

Nausea

Being a believer in the old adage, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely", I am most certainly not a big fan of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Mullah gooks that run the Islamic Republic of Iran. Nevertheless, one thing we cannot accuse them of is hypocrisy and when I heard the drivel that has just been coming out of the "hype" man's mouth, I had feelings akin to those experienced by Jean Paul Satre's hero, Antoine Roquentin, in the novel 'La Nausee'. Nausea is a fitting description of my feelings as this hypocrite rabbits on about the "great Iranian people", and the "great Iranian civilisation" and how Iran should take its place in the community of nations.(1) My stomach turns, I am revolted and the nausea is all prevading because we know that belonging to that "community of nations" implies toeing the line and following the dictates of "Uncle Sam" and the zany Zionists and the nausea, like a black fog, decends on me me, penetrates my whole being, sinks into the depths of my soul because I know that if Iran doesn't give up enough of its independence to satisfy the United States and Israel, we will hear, "we offered them friendship and they rejected it." My heart sinks because I know that with speeches like this the United States is preparing the ground for its "justified" strike. There is to be no respect and there is to be no "inter pares" for in this world whether through the "bull in the china shop" policies of Bush or through the guile of Obama, the end results are to be the same, there is to be only American global hegemony and there is to be only Israeli hegemony in the Middle East. It is a hegemony that has caused the deaths and continues to cause the deaths of not millions but hundreds of millions.
1 http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/20/barack-obama-iran-message

No comments: